Biobanking, reference pathology and molecular characterisation
- Harmonization of biospecimen collection, storage, distribution, and virtual tumour bank
- Reference pathology
- Provision of high quality biomaterial
- Expression of putative biomarkers in Tissue Microarray (TMA)
- Molecular characterization of tumour samples
Biomarkers of response, toxicity and outcome
- Examine the miRNA profile in bone marrow aspirates, whole blood and plasma taken at diagnosis to identify the most informative compartment and minimal predictive miRNA signature (in that compartment) of toxicity, response and outcome.
- Quantify the level of EWS-ETS circulating tumour DNA (ctDNA) in plasma at diagnosis, during treatment and on follow up.
- Quantify the level of EWS-ETS mRNA in blood to detect circulating tumour cells (CTCs) at diagnosis, and during treatment.